Yogyakarta has a number of world-class touristic sites, just to name the Borobudur and Prambanan temples as well as the Kraton palace being the most well-known ones. There are also some fine museums around, traditional workshops, galleries (batik, handicrafts) and shops. Beautiful beaches are located just 1-2 hours drive south from the city. Mountain trekking is another popular option should you need a weekend getaway from the city.
Would you like to combine the amazing touristic experience with something useful for your career? Let's find out more about our internship offer in this extraoridinary location.
Our partner hosting organization is a Yogya-based all-round tourism/hospitality business, operating a restaurant, bar, tour and travel services, flight tickets and more. Restaurant/Bar open from 9am until 2am (sometimes later
) and is located in a trendy touristic spot and often hosts famous bands for live concerts. Tasks are a combination of hospitality management, customer service as well as marketing duties:
1. Business management and marketing: preparing marketing strategy and business plan for the company (projects on FB, twitter, instagram, websites, membership card).
2. Working hand to hand with the owner on improvements of management, marketing strategy (next project to make websites for tour and travel, flight ticket, car and scooter rental).
3. Increasing/improving general operation of the company. Application of interns best skill into the right discipline.
4. Create and updating ideas in advertising for bar and resto (so far we do only events, special offer, etc). Create database for travel agency and provide supportive ideas and plans based on marketing and management experience (join with the trip and ensure the good service).
5. Teaching English to the employees (1-3 times in a week). Conversation.
The employee provides all the necessities: accommodation, scooter, food, pocket money and even some leisure time activities.
Considering the industry, we are looking for a person with:
✔ an outgoing personality, that will find joy in communicating with customers and co-workers
✔ some experience in marketing and tourism industry
✔ people skills.
Do you think you are up to the task and your presence could benefit the hosting organization and give you satisfaction while developing your skills/interests? Do not hesitate and Apply Now!